HomeGain.com announced today that it has released the results of its nationwide home improvement and home stagingÂ Home Sale Maximizerâ„˘ survey.Â Past findings from the survey have been a guide for thousands of home sellers in preparing their homes for sale.
The top five nationwide home improvements that Realtors recommend to home sellers, based on average cost and return on investment (ROI) to sellers, are:
- Cleaning and de-cluttering ($290 cost / $1,990 price increase / 586% ROI / 99% recommended)
- Lightening and brightening ($375 cost / $1,550 price increase / 313% ROI / 97% recommended)
- Home staging ($550 cost / $2,194 price increase / 299% ROI / 80% recommended)
- Landscaping ($540 cost / $1,932 price increase / 258% ROI / 93% recommended)
- Repair Electrical or Plumbing ($535 cost / $1,505 price increase / 181% ROI / 92% recommended)
Costs are averages and rounded up.