To celebrate Earth Day today, HomeGain is delighted to share feedback, comments and participation from real estate agents across the country who support and practice Green real estate.
Today we published a press release for the Top 9 Green Home Improvements for Home Sellers.
Agents Practicing Green
- Do everything possible via laptop and avoid paperwork. We now have a lawyer to ratify the contract and have the bank accept a scanned copy of the contract instead of over-nighting approved original offer.
- We work hard to keep printed paper to a minimum. Email and scanning is wonderful!
Our office is hosting a shredding day and e-waste event. We also recycle bottles and cans and we re-use paper in the fax machine. We also turn out the lights when they are not in use.
- My office is near paperless due to a Tablet PC.
- I became a Certified EcoProfessional. I changed the way I live, where I buy my food, Greened my real estate business and also buy electricity generated by wind.
- I use the back of all printed listings as scrap paper for call notes, to do lists, grocery lists.
- We have unplugged all non used electrical items so we are not wasting any trickle charges to unused appliances, lamps, motors, etc.
- “I am providing a paperless business model to my clients. Every document is signed on my computer and all the files are in PDF format. How’s that for lessening our carbon footprint!”- Jaime Sparks
- I have planted a home garden, walk when possible, and reuse items or donate them to charities. Continue reading this post