All real estate agents hear the objections to putting a home on the market this time of year. And, for good reason, the holidays are a very busy time and some people psychologically want to think about and do other things. Real estate isn’t always on their mind and they are thinking about buying Christmas gifts, vacation, taking a break and closing out the year.
“I want to wait until after the holidays because I don’t want to have my tree up and have people tripping over presents.” Or, “Nobody is out looking at real estate this time of year — they are out shopping.” Or even, “I don’t want to disturb my family during the holidays.”
These are objections we all hear when talking to clients about selling their homes. Well, courtesy of various training I’ve gone to, including some information provided by a broker I work with that has attended Floyd Wickman –
I’ve developed a list below of 11 reasons sellers should get their home on the market right now!
1. It’s a Happy mess… Buyers buy homes, and holiday decor is key! Holiday decorations tap into the “happy” of the holidays. Buying a home is very emotional for many and this happy feeling can help you sell!
2. Preliminaries: Be one of the most ready homes on the market when the
spring market returns and have all of the marketing full force ahead for
when Jan 1 hits.
3. Speculation: We can speculate a little on price right now, and correct
it in the first week of January if we don’t get an offer.
4. Less Competition: Everyone else is waiting to list their home, jump in
ahead and there’s less inventory for the motivated buyers to choose from!
There is a heavy inventory of foreclosures being held into the next fiscal year.
You need to beat them to the market!
5. Best Realtors: The best Realtors are working right now!!!
6. Positioned to Buy: You sell now, so that you can be in the best position
to buy when there is more to pick from in spring Continue reading this post