The national results of HomeGainâ€™s Fourth Quarter 2010 Home Values Survey (conducted from December 1-7) of more than 1,000 real estate professionals and 2,300 homeowners revealed some significant regional differences.
Below are the regional results of the entire survey, categorized into four regions*, Northeast, Southeast, Mid-West and West.
Questions and Regional Results:
- Have home prices increased, decreased or stayed the same in the last year?
- On average, what do homeowners believe that their home is worth?
- How do buyers feel that homes for sale are priced?
- What is the average difference in price between what sellers believe their home to be worth and the amount at which the home gets listed?
- What is the average difference in price between what a home is listed at and what a home sells for?
- In the next six months, will the values of homes in your market increase, decrease or stay the same?
- What percentage of homes for sale are foreclosures in your area?
- What is the average home price in your area?
- What percentage of your clients are first-time buyers?
- How do you think Barack Obama is performing in his role as President?