I have noticed that in almost all sales ‚Äď Real Estate is no exception ‚Äď salespeople tend to have up and down cycles in their sales stream. Most just attribute this to luck but I think there is more to it than that. I think they work hard to create leads and then when they are working the leads they stop generating new ones.
This creates a cycle where leads are generated, then there are sales, then there‚Äôs a down period, and the cycle begins again. In my opinion, it is important to cut out the down periods by continually creating new leads and improving all systems.
It seems that the same type scenario occurs in all phases of our business. Whether we are working on leads, systems, or marketing. We get motivated and work hard to generate or improve and then we cycle into a sloppy phase.
So‚Ä¶my question is how do we stay motivated to continually improve our lead generation techniques, systems, marketing, etc.?
Here are some ideas to stay in the groove:
- Regularly attend conferences like NAR, Bloodhound Unchained, Inman Real Estate Connect, your Brokerage convention, Pubcon, etc.
- Continually Read Books in Print and on Tape ‚Äď about systems, self improvement, negotiation, marketing, internet strategies, etc.
- Attend education seminars like are required for CRS, GRI, or seminars by top producers you want to emulate.
- Participate in Forum communities and make friends with other high producing agents that can help you formulate ideas and systems to take you further.
- Read high quality blogs like HomeGain, Bloodhound, Agent Genius and REIW.
- Discuss strategies with your team to motivate them and receive feedback. We have regular strategy sessions with our team in Columbus, Georgia.
- Go to coaching sites like CKGTV.com to learn from coaches or possible consider hiring a coach.
In short I think life long learning and building relationships with other like minded movers and shakers is the key to staying motivated so that you stay out of the ‚Äúslumps‚ÄĚ.
How do you stay motivated?