Below are the regional results of the entire survey, categorized into four regions*, Northeast, Southeast, Mid-West and West. You can also check out the national results of the HomeGain 4th quarter 2012 home values survey.
Questions and Regional Results:
- Have home prices increased, decreased or stayed the same in the last year?
- On average, what do homeowners believe that their home is worth?
- How do buyers feel that homes for sale are priced?
- What is the average difference in price between what sellers believe their home to be worth and the amount at which the home gets listed?
- What is the average difference in price between what a home is listed at and what a home sells for?
- In the next six months, will the values of homes in your market increase, decrease or stay the same?
- In the next two years, will the values of homes in your market increase, decrease or stay the same?
- What percentage of homes for sale are foreclosures in your area?
- What is the average home price in your area?
- What percentage of your clients are first-time buyers?
- How do you think Barack Obama is performing in his role as President?
Overall, real estate brokers and agents disapprove of the President’s performance.
*Regions are divided as follows:
- Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusettes, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and West Virginia
- Southeast: Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennesee
- Mid-West: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri
- West: Alaska, Hawaii, California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Montana
Find U.S. homes for sale and search U.S. real estate
Get home prices in United States cities:
New York home prices | Chicago home prices | Los Angeles home prices | Houston home prices | Philadelphia home prices | Phoenix home prices | San Antonio home prices | San Diego home prices | Dallas home prices | San Jose home prices | Detroit home prices | Indianapolis home prices | Jacksonville home prices | San Francisco home prices | Austin home prices | Memphis home prices | Baltimore home prices | Fort Worth home prices | Charlotte home prices | El Paso home prices | Milwaukee home prices | Seattle home prices | Boston home prices | Denver home prices | Washington D.C. home prices | Louisville home prices | Nashville home prices | Las Vegas home prices | Oklahoma City home prices | Portland home prices | Tucson home prices | Albuquerque home prices | Atlanta home prices | Long Beach home prices | New Orleans home prices | Kansas City home prices | Mesa home prices | Virginia Beach home prices | Tulsa home prices | Minneapolis home prices | Omaha home prices | Honolulu home prices