To celebrate Earth Day today, HomeGain is delighted to share feedback, comments and participation from real estate agents across the country who support and practice Green real estate.
Today we published a press release for the Top 9 Green Home Improvements for Home Sellers.
- 7 Ways to Green Your Home on a Budget by Brian Kinkade
- Housing Tips to Stay Green and Help the Environment, Energy Savings by Andrew Duncan
- Tips to Help You Save on Energy Costs, Electric Bills, Maintenance by Andrew Duncan
- Going Green by Tim Stoll
- Geothermal heating and air conditioning powered by the earth by Marie Scheuring
- FREE! Tips on Saving Energy & Money at Home. Reduce your home energy by Mike and Rose Garant
- Energy and Home Improvement Credits by Connie Marks
Agents Practicing Green
- Do everything possible via laptop and avoid paperwork. We now have a lawyer to ratify the contract and have the bank accept a scanned copy of the contract instead of over-nighting approved original offer.
- We work hard to keep printed paper to a minimum. Email and scanning is wonderful!
Our office is hosting a shredding day and e-waste event. We also recycle bottles and cans and we re-use paper in the fax machine. We also turn out the lights when they are not in use.
- My office is near paperless due to a Tablet PC.
- I became a Certified EcoProfessional. I changed the way I live, where I buy my food, Greened my real estate business and also buy electricity generated by wind.
- I use the back of all printed listings as scrap paper for call notes, to do lists, grocery lists.
- We have unplugged all non used electrical items so we are not wasting any trickle charges to unused appliances, lamps, motors, etc.
- “I am providing a paperless business model to my clients. Every document is signed on my computer and all the files are in PDF format. How’s that for lessening our carbon footprint!”- Jaime Sparks
- I have planted a home garden, walk when possible, and reuse items or donate them to charities.
- I limit use of plastic products. Use green cleaning products.
- I provide pure green home cleaning products to all my clients who buy homes from me.
- Use less of everything…water, paper, fuel etc.
- “I started a new business where I am helping small business owners earn their green business certification from the county. I’m also a certified EcoBroker!”
- Promoting “Got Bag?” a campaign designed to remind us to use those recyclable bags!
- “I reuse plastic zip lock bags (which are washable) over and over again before discarding them.” – Tina Longobart, RODEO REALTY, Encino, CA
- We have switched from virgin paper to 30% recycled. We are also starting to convert most of our files to digital files.
- I don’t buy plastic trash bags, I use the ones I get from shopping anywhere. I use reusable shopping bag when grocery shopping.
- Help start or improve ways that you and your clients search for green features in the MLS or on sites like HomeGain.
- I was one of the first EcoBroker’s in Washington state. I don’t use paper flyers in my flyerbox. Instead, I do a beautiful online flyer, which can be sent to any prospective buyer. Not only does this save trees but it also looks very professional.
- I upgraded my A/C to green efficient. I changed all my light bulbs to the more efficient bulbs.
“I was a landscape designer before becoming a Realtor. I could say I’ve planted over 1000 trees and still counting.” – Connie Pepenella, SI, NY
- I have a CFL in my desk lamp!
- Recycle all paper products. Use recycled paper and cards. Use shopping bags.
- I purchased a car that gets over 50 mpg!
- I copy on both sides of the paper whenever possible.
- I recycle all bottles!
- I’m composting all left-over food!