You are a blogger — a publisher in your own right — and you have the ability to cover all types of local stories. Your goal as a blogger is to involve your community in your blog so that they are encouraged to visit regularly. Think of yourself as a reporter, out to cover a story. This provides a wonderful opportunity to connect with people in a non-Realtor way.
Here are 6 practical tips for “going local” on your real estate blog:
- Attend community events.
- Take a lot of photographs. (Remember to ask permission to take and publish anyone’s photograph.)
- Hand out your blog/ business card to everyone you meet, tell them about your blog and encourage them to visit to read about your coverage (yes, they will also see all the other content).
- Get names and email addresses to send the links to your blog.
- Post it all on your blog.
- Contact your local newspaper and share your reporting with them. Ask if they will publish your post.