If your email gets labeled as SPAM, it will not get read.
Many seemingly innocent and time-honored ad words are now considered SPAM words or add high SPAM “points” to filters which decide whether to toss an email. You may be using them in your e-mail subject lines without knowing it. Here’s a little help with that.
There are dozens of dirty words but I chose these as my top 10:
- Compare rates
- Great offer
- Order now
- Increase sales (started by another dirty email)
- Dear friend (or your name)
Other SPAM triggers:
- WORDS OR SENTENCES IN ALL CAPS
- Multiple symbols like $$$ “” and !!!
- A toll-free telephone number
- Font size larger than 2+
Other SPAM links here.
Joseph Ferrara is publisher of Sellsius Real Estate Blog.